With the adoption of the Law on the Border Checkpoint, Mongolian Immigration Agency and Checkpoint authority of the General Department of the Border Protection on 1st of April 2014 were merged and became the General Department for Citizenship and Migration of Mongolia /further, Immigration of Mongolia/.
Immigration of Mongolia delivers its service to public through Central office, 3 local departments, 4 regional departments.
• Central office;
• Buyant-Ukhaa department;
• Dornogobi aimag department;
• Selenge aimag department/Selenge, Darkhan-Uul aimags/;
• Eastern regional department /Dornod, Sukhbaatar, Khentii aimags/;
• Southern regional department /Umnugobi, Dundgobi, Uvurkhangai, Bayankhongor, Gobisumber aimags/;
• Western Regional department /Khovd, Bayan-Ulgii, Uvs, Gobi-Altai, Zavkhan aimags/;
Northern regional department /Khuvsgul, Orkhon, Bulgan, Arkhangai aimags/.
• To prevent Mongolian citizens violation of human right in abroad
• To control exit/entry of passenger and vehicles at the Mongolian Border;
• To issue visa, visa and residence permit, private invitations for foreigners;
• To change visa classification, type, duration and register foreign residents;
• To inspect, investigate, arrests and deport foreigners in violation of immigration regulations and other Law of Mongolia;
• To receive and process applications related to Mongolian citizenship and transfer to the appropriate authority;