Notice regarding the renewed visa and residence permit regulations
Government of Mongolia has adopted “Visa issuance regulation” according to resolution #145 and “Regulation on resident permit and registration of foreign nationals” according to resolution #146 on 23rd of May, 2018. These regulations came into force starting from 1st of July, 2018.
- Visa permit validation is 90 days.
- Visa waivered duration according to international agreement is not extendable, if foreign citizen is willing to stay more than visa waivered duration must enter Mongolian border with appropriate visa.
- Foreign national can extend their temporary visa again after 90 days since the last visa extension.
- Foreign national shall apply for registration with their passport and completed application form.
- The application form shall be attached with 3.5x4.5 visa picture taken within the last 6 months. The picture is preferred to have bright background with no shadows.
- Please fill out application form complete. Failure to do so may result to refusal of visa issuance.
- Foreign national who requests residence permit or visit more than 30 days shall register within 7 working days since entering Mongolian border.
- Issuance and extension of visa, visa permit and residence permit would be resolved in 5 working days and express service will take 3 working days.
- Foreign national with residence permit who request visa shall apply with formal letter and passport.
- Foreign national is obliged to verify the accuracy of the information submitted.