In consideration of an increased risk of importation of the Omicron variant of SARS-CoV-2 and an effort to protect the health of the nationals of Mongolia, the State Emergency Commission of Mongolia has decided to ban all foreign travelers from South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Namibia, Zambia, Angola, Malawi, Mozambique and Zimbabwe. The ban is applicable to all travelers who were in or transited through these countries in the past 14 days and will come into effect at midnight of 27th of November 2021.
The ban is not applicable to Mongolian nationals and permanent residents returning from these countries, however, they must
- take Covid-19 PCR test within 72 hours prior their arrival,
- be quarantined for 10 days upon arrival at government managed designated facility,
- take two tests during that time whether he/she vaccinated or not vaccinated.
(Note: children aged 4 or under do not have to take any travel tests but must enter managed quarantine facility)
The requirements for Mongolian citizens and foreign nationals from other countries remain same as of today which include:
- presenting a negative COVID-19 PCR test result taken within 72 hours prior their arrival in addition to presenting a COVID-19 vaccine certificate
- unvaccinated individuals arriving from outside will continue to be allowed to enter but must present a negative PCR/NAAT test result
- will take a test upon arrival.
(Note: children aged 4 or under do not have to take any travel tests)