Home     Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions
1How to register a foreign national?
Legal entity and individual who is providing housing for a foreign national must register them online on the Immigration Agency of Mongolia`s website (eimmigration.gov.mn) or E-immigration mobile application within 48 hours after entry.
2Is it necessary to get multiple entry visa if the foreign national holds a residence permit?
Not necessary. Long term resident can exit and enter through Mongolian border as long as their residence permit is valid. Foreign nationals must bring their residence permit with them when exiting and entering Mongolia.
3How long is the validity of visa permission?
Visa permission is valid for 60 days and applicant can collect his/her visa stamp at the Mongolian Diplomatic missions, consulate and representative offices abroad or at appointed Mongolian border crossing point.
4Can you explain visa validity? how many days is entry visa valid for?
Visa validity period is the period from the date of issuance of all types of entry and transit visas to the date of entry into Mongolia. In other words, it is possible to cross the border using the visa during the validity period of the visa. The validity period is marked on the visa page as "Enter before ……". Single and double entry visas are valid for 150 days until a foreign citizen enters Mongolia.
5What does "related party" mean?
"Related party" includes wife, husband, partner, father, mother, grandfather, grandmother and children.
6Did your agency`s working hour change due to heightened state of readiness?
No. We are open from 08:00-16:30 on working days.
7Do you offer delivery service?
We can deliver passport, residency card, certificates and other documents through KGB tegbe delivery with foreign national, inviting individual and legal entity`s request.
8Can i apply for residency card online?
If you are applying for the first time, you must visit our agency in person. Residence permit extention can be applied online.
9Where can i get a certificate for someone who left the country?
Please contact checkpoint unit of the General authority for border protection agency regarding exit/entry of border.
10Can i extend my visa If i could not enter mongolia during my entry visa validity period?
You must re-apply for visa permission.